Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Peter Criss Bio Coming 2012?

According to the Los Angeles Times, original KISS drummer Peter Criss has signed a deal with the Simon & Schuster imprint Scribner to publish his memoir, "Makeup To Breakup", in the fall of 2012. A press release promises, "From sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll to multiple brushes with death, 'Makeup To Breakup' will be Peter Criss' unvarnished and eye-opening life story."

Criss will write the book with the help of Larry "Ratso" Sloman.

"I am so blessed that I am finally going to write my autobiography, and I hope you enjoy the ride," Criss said in the release. "The best of all is I get to share my true feelings of my love for God, family, friends and fame. It's been a wonderful life."

While some men feel embarrassed because of "this macho crap," Criss told CNN surviving breast cancer was actually a blessing. He was treated before the tumor could spread and said he was speaking about male breast cancer to raise the profile of this rare disease.

Criss, who played drums for KISS and was known as "Catman," offered this advice to men who spot lumps in their breast: "Don't sit around playing Mr. Tough Guy. Don't say 'It's going to go away.' It might not and you might not see life anymore and how beautiful that is."

Criss, who is currently working on a new rock album, told Reuters his bout with cancer had affected his songwriting.

"My lyrics are not so deep and dismal," he said. One of the tracks on the album, expected next year, is called "Hard Rock Knockers".      

No comments: